These pictures are from magazine photoshoots that were posted in 2017 but I just found some of the photos. Not many of them are HQ unfortunately but I will keep an eye out for them!
- Photoshoots > 2017 Photoshoots > Photoshoot 001 +1
- Photoshoots > 2017 Photoshoots > Photoshoot 011 +4
- Photoshoots > 2017 Photoshoots > Photoshoot 013 +6
- Photoshoots > 2009 Photoshoots > Photoshoot 001
- Photoshoots > 2016 Photoshoots > Photoshoot 001
- Photoshoots > 2017 Photoshoots > Photoshoot 005
- Photoshoots > 2017 Photoshoots > Photoshoot 006
- Photoshoots > 2017 Photoshoots > Photoshoot 009
- Photoshoots > Screencaptures > 2017 Spirit and Flesh Magazine
- Vikings > Season 5 > Production Stills > 5.02 “TBA” Stills
- Films > A Glimpse Inside the Mind of Charles Swan III > Behind the Scenes
- Magazine Scans > 2017 Scans > 2017 Entertainment Weekly – Comic Con Special Issue
COVETEUR – The actress and The Dark Tower star talks challenging roles, action movies, and The Law of Attraction.
By: Samantha Sutton
Photography: Alec Kugler
There’s no doubt about it: Katheryn Winnick is b-u-s-y. As soon as we start talking at The Standard’s East Village location, she runs down the list of all she has going on. “I just finished Comic-Con, I’m here in New York promoting The Dark Tower, and we just got announced for another season of Vikings,” the actress tells me, relaxing (for a moment!) on a fluffy white bed. “I’m also excited about my video game; I’m the new face of Call of Duty: WWII.”
This schedule is enough to make any person crazy (and it doesn’t even mention Speed King, a movie she just filmed with John Travolta). But Katheryn isn’t one to complain. “It’s nice to be so busy and see it all manifest. All the hard work is finally coming together.”
As our conversation continues, I get a better sense of who I’m speaking with: a woman with a passion for telling stories—and who’s hoping the recent success of Wonder Woman will open up doors for females in action films. Read on to see how one kickass Toronto native is taking Hollywood by storm…and how a vision board party might have something to do with it.
She’s Starring in The Dark Tower:
“I just saw the movie for the first time, and I think people are going to be surprised and excited to see it. We’ve got an incredible cast— Idris Elba, Matthew McConaughey. I play Lori, a mother who is struggling to make ends meet and trying to help her son [Jake] through what she thinks is him losing his mind and struggling with coming of age. She has to decide whether the best thing for him is to send him away to a psychiatric facility, or to believe that his dreams are reality. Later on, you find out that his dreams were right. The dark tower ends up being the goal of the movie—to save the dark tower before it falls and collapses, and the universe collapses.”
UNTITLED MAGAZINE – Katheryn Winnick is kicking ass — literally. As Lagertha on The History Channel’s hit show, Vikings, she’s a warrior and reigning queen of Denmark. She’s also about to burn up the silver screen alongside Matthew McConaughey and Idris Elba in this summer’s blockbuster, The Dark Tower, opening August 4th. We took a moment to ask the fierce femme how she keeps her beauty game strong while taking Hollywood by storm.
Untitled Magazine: Your skin is so fair and beautiful! What are some of your go-to skincare products? Are you careful about sun protection?
Katheryn Winnick: Thank you for the compliment! I grew up drinking lots of water, and I’m extremely disciplined about sunscreen every single day. My favorite is Chantecaille SPF 50. I’m also a firm believer in
washing, exfoliating, and steaming my face every night when I bathe. I’m all about a good travel beauty hack: my mother taught me to use olive oil to remove makeup; you can just call room service and have them deliver a side of it.
UM: What you put in and how you treat your body is so important. Can you share some diet and/or fitness tips?
KW: When it comes to diet, I think balance is key. I’ve been gluten-free for 10 years, but I also believe a glass of red wine at the end of the night doesn’t hurt. As far as fitness, I grew up very active; I fell in love with Tae Kwon Do at the age of 7. Now, I’m a 3rd-degree black belt in Tae Kwon Do and 2nd-degree black belt in karate.
- Photoshoots > 2017 Photoshoots > Photoshoot 008
- Public Appearances > Public Appearances in 2017 > Aug 1: AOL Build – NYC
- Public Appearances > Public Appearances in 2017 > Jul 21: San Diego Comic Con 2017 – Marvel and Lexus Black Panther Party +2
- Public Appearances > Public Appearances in 2017 > Jul 31: “The Dark Tower” Premiere – New York City +250
- Magazine Scans > 2017 Scans > 2017 TV Movie – August 5
- Magazine Scans > 2017 Scans > 2017 SciFi Now – Issue 135
- Photoshoots > 2017 Photoshoots > Photoshoot 006
- Photoshoots > 2017 Photoshoots > Photoshoot 007
- Public Appearances > Public Appearances in 2017 > Jul 21: San Diego Comic Con 2017 – SiriusXM’s Entertainment Weekly Radio Channel – “Vikings”
- Public Appearances > Public Appearances in 2017 > Jul 21: San Diego Comic Con 2017 – Viking Funeral
I’ll add more photos, interviews, and videos as I find them. Sometimes the photos are added to the archive over 2-3 days.
- Public Appearances > Public Appearances in 2017 > Jul 20: San Diego Comic Con 2017 – “Call of Duty: WWII’” Panel
- Photoshoots > 2017 Photoshoots >Photoshoot 006
- Public Appearances > Public Appearances in 2017 > Jul 21: San Diego Comic Con 2017 – The IMDb Yacht – Vikings
- Public Appearances > Public Appearances in 2017 > Jul 21: San Diego Comic Con 2017 – “Vikings” Panel
Here’s a fun photo from EW.