Katheryn Winnick Central|| Victory or Vahalla ||
Welcome to Katheryn Winnick Central, your newest, most complete and up-to-date fansite for Canadian actress Katheryn Winnick. You might know her from the TV series appearances, Bones or Nikita, or one of her many movies, such as Killers, When Nietzsche Wept, Cold Souls or Hellraiser. For the last four years she's been know as the badass shieldmaiden turned Earl, Lagertha, on History's Vikings series. Please follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and Tumblr for the most recent updates.
- The Norse way of speaking, no one really knew what the Vikings sounded liked, they were Norsemen. The accent is really a combination of a Scandinavian accent, maybe with a Swedish accent and an old way of speaking.
- I started my own martial arts school at 16. And by the time I was 21, I had three different schools.
- I’m a 3rd degree black belt in Tae Kwon Do and 2nd degree in karate, and I’m a licensed bodyguard.
- When I was growing up, there were times I had to compete against boys in tae kwon do, and I’d show them right away that I wasn’t someone to mess with.
- I started training in martial arts when I was 7 years old. I got my first black belt at 13.
- I grew up in a martial arts gym surrounded by men and boys, and I pretty much call myself a tomboy.
- My first car was a Chevy Cavalier. My dad somehow convinced me that it was a hot sports car because it was red.
- I grew up being a bit of a tomboy, a big-time tomboy.
- I was told this is a male-dominated network and the male demographic is stronger than female. This is a show about Vikings and you are just the wife. I remember thinking that was not the way I was going to play it.